Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Burn Baby Burn!

Ever wondered how many calories you burn during the day? Some of these are pretty random, but I thought it just might encourage you to know that even the most mundane tasks are calorie burners!!!

Getting Dressed - 88 calories/hour
Making Bed - 61 calories/hour
Washing car - 214 calories/hour
Showering - 183 calories/hour
Eating - 31 calories/hour
Driving - 58 calories/hour
Washing Dishes - 75 calories/hour
Laundry - 210 calories/hour
Jogging - 330 calories/half hour
Gardening - 150 calories/hour
Raking Leaves - 144 calories/hour
Climbing Stairs - 306 calories/hour
Light House Cleaning - 216 calories/hour
Fixing Dinner - 90 calories/hour
Play outside with kids - 180 calories/hour
Ironing - 79 calories/hour
Kissing - 180 calories/hour

Calories burned are based on 150 lbs. For more fun facts go to Fitday.com

I think I burn about a million calories when I vacuum. Here's why: My vacuum doesn't suck! Every time I end up picking up pieces of string or fuzz off my carpet, sometimes actually putting it up in the wind tunnel of the vacuum with my OWN fingers! I may as well just pick up all the fuzz on my own! If anyone has advice for a good vacuum at a decent price...DO TELL! I would be so grateful. Enjoy this demonstration!

3 comments:

Aundrea-aka Zerbert Baby said...

Thanks Angela. You always come up with something I find helpful. As for a vacuum I swear by the Oreck. Pricey, but have had mine for over 11 years and have only replaced the cord once. It isn't good for hard wood floors though, b/c of the brush. That's my 2 cents...

Happy Four said...

Angela, I took step aerobics this a.m. and am thrilled by your post on the calories burned walking stairs. I tell you those step classes are hard!

I, too, have the Oreck. My parents purchased it for us. The Oreck may not be the best looking vacuum available, but boy do they do the job. I am thrilled with it and think it is well worth the investment. Can't judge a vacuum by looks...just like people :)

Tara M said...

We used an Oreck for a very long time and it worked great until the last year or so, and I also wanted something that would be for carpet and hardwood, SO we use our 20% off coupon at Bed, Bath & Beyond and got a Dyson. It has worked great, and I really love it. The clean up of the debris in the vacuum is very easy, and it works great on hardwood and tile. It is pricey, but hopefully it will last a very long time.