Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Train Up Tuesday: Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy! Some Thrifty Fun for Boys!

Okay, so not just for boys ;-) (I would have been all about these ideas during my tom-boy years....oh wait, I'm STILL a tom-boy!).

I know you've probably seen posts about the free Lowe's Build & Grow Clinics for kids, but you REALLY should take your kiddos to these! They are totally free (we've been to 3 and no money so far)! My two big boys have so far made a windmill putt-putt toy, a 4th of July waving flag stand, and a tow-truck (reminds them of "Mater"). The next class is scheduled for this Saturday (July 23rd, 10am in our area).


I think they are making binoculars, which sounds pretty interesting. When you sign up your kiddo for the first time, get them there early so they can get a free apron and goggles. They also receive a certificate and a badge (for the apron) each time they complete a project. What fun! They do actually sell the Build & Grow kits in the store, which is still good for doing things together, but it's hard to pass up on FREE. So, sign up for a class soon!

The boys are having some great Daddy time, and Daddy is having some great boy time! I'm hoping to coax the boys into using some of their handmade items as gifts for their cousins for birthdays or Christmas. I'm sure we'll be running out of room to put 2 of each of these items.

Image by ParentingPress.com

This next idea I'm so excited to share with you. What kid doesn't love a good fort...rainy day or not?! A great gal-pal of mine thought of me (don't you love when someone "thinks of you" and actually gets it right?!) when she saw this post by Emily at Salt Water Kids on a fort building kit. Basically, it is everything you need to build a sheet fort bundled nicely for gift-giving. Wouldn't that be a most awesome gift to give or receive?! Be sure to check the sidebar on the sight for more fort ideas and some other cool homemade gift-giving ideas. I'm becoming her follower ASAP!

So, with 3 boys, I'm always looking for good, wholesome, thrifty fun. If you have a favorite blog or idea, PLEASE post in the comments!

No comments: