Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Love is Patient

It has been a long while since I sat down to share what the Lord has been teaching me here at RWAV.  I am glad to be back with the Roof With a View audience and hope to bring encouragement in your marriage and life journey today!

There are many great things that God has given us but there is one that sums it all up... LOVE.  The greatest commandment is love God and loves others as you love yourself - Matthew 22:36-40.  Simple.

I would like to start with the first characteristic we find in 1 Corinthians 13:4 "Love is patient."  Patient is the "attitude" of love.  It is not in a hurry.  It is ready when called on.  It is calm.

Apply this today.  First in your marriage.  Second with your children.  Third to every other person who falls into the category of "your neighbor" (hint: that is anyone in your vicinity!).  Here are a few questions to ask yourself in the context of each of these relationships:
1) In my attitude toward _______ am I in a hurry or do I slow down and take time to listen?
2) In my attitude toward _______ am I ready when called on or are they "interrupting" my plans?
3) In my attitude toward _______ am I calm or am I anxious?
Don't beat yourself up if you are impatient to those you love.  Take a moment and ask the Lord to help "prick" you when you do not have an attitude of love and patience towards God and towards others.  We must depend on Him daily and know that we will be at His feet often accepting the forgiveness He has freely given us!  God is the great example of love and patience.  He is outside out time and He is not in a hurry with anything or anyone!


Love,
Annie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a great reminder not only for the hubs, but also the kiddos. My 4 yo just studied fruits of the spirit in VBS and when I'm impatient, she says, "Mommy, is that a fruit of the Spirit?" :)