I was cleaning out my email box and ran across this novelty idea from Katie L~5 minute chocolate mug cake!
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- A small splash of vanilla extract
- Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
- EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
Remember this scene from My Big Fat Greek Wedding?
Well, sweeties, have I got THE BundT recipe for you! It's not just any bundT. It's a Chocolate Chocolate Chip BundT. Caroline (aka Happy Four) made this for me when I had my twins and it has been made repeatedly since.
I'll admit at first I was bundT challenged...
...but am happy to report the past few attempts have been bundT success! Our grandmother's weren't lyin' when they said a lil crisco and flour are your friend.
Want me to say BundT one more time? Ok. I will. Click here for such BundT goodness that it won't be around long enough to put a plant in it!
Need something to top all of this chocolate? What better than chocolate? Let's not forget Amy A's homemade chocolate icing that she shared with us here.
Do you have some chocolate favs you'd like to share with us? Either way, you ladies have noooooo excuse but to have yourselves a scrumdillylish Valentime's w/ yo men!