Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Cupcakes



Thanksgiving is only a couple of days away, and I wanted to share some fun turkey cupcakes we made last year. As you look at the photos, keep in mind that by "we" I mean my (then) 2-year-old daughter, two of my nieces and me. (My sister-in-law had already baked the cupcakes, which was a huge help.) Anyway, these are so easy and fun to do--a great after-dinner activity and treat for Thanksgiving!

In researching what candy we needed to have on hand to decorate the cupcakes, I came across several versions of them (or something similar) on this here Internet, and they are so easy! Feel free to improvise with various candy treats for your turkeys' eyes, beaks and feathers.


Ingredients and supplies. The Coke is optional for some--but for me it is a must--LOL! It was hard not to eat all the candy accessories.


One of our finished turkeys. Gobble! Gobble!


On some of the beaks, we used broken pieces of candy corn. That seemed to work better than using the whole piece. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: