Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Safeguard your Spouse Sunday: Write You Husband a Thank You Letter

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves." Romans 12:10

"How good and pleasant it is when fellow believers live in unity." Psalm 133:1

"May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else" 1 Thessalonians 3:12


As I think back on the last year, I realize how thankful I am for my husband! I am getting ready to write thank you cards to everyone for all the gifts they blessed my family with and I had this thought.

Your husband is your help mate and your best friend. It is so hard at times to see past the daily routine we have in this life of a mom and I tend to take him for granted. I think that he has to be here and he has to provide. But what a privaledge to have husband who cares.

By the sacrifices and decisions that he makes for us is really why I am here today. He is the leader of this family and I so often forget to thank the one I love the most.
There are so many good things in both of your lives that sometimes by taking this step back it helps me see what God has provided for me and my family. How his grace and salvation for me is better than anything on this earth.

I pray for all your families will have a great 2011! How fun would it be if we all commented on one thing that we are thankful for about our husbands!

4 comments:

AmyA said...

I am thankful that my husband is such a hard worker. He works hard during the day at his job, then comes home and jumps into family life. Giving baths, changing diapers, playing - he does it all! I'm thankful every day for him.

Unknown said...

One thing I am so thankful for is what an involved, hands on father my manly man is! From the minute our babies were born, he hit the ground with his feet running and loves every part of being their Daddy. It is such a gift to me as his wife but also to them. They adore him! He is also such an encouragement to me in my role as their mom. I also love that he loves my humor and the fun we can have together. He gets REAL into things a lot of men may be embarrassed to admit-traditions, tea parties, dancing on the wii, I could go on and on but I love that about him.

CC said...

Great Post Imogene - I adore my husband and this is a wonderful idea. I'm thankful for the Godly example my husband sets for me and our children and I'm thankful for his dedication to our family. He's God's best for me and I would be a wreck without him.

Ashlie Miller said...

Love this! For my hubby's b-d in December, I started an email with 34 things I love about him (since he turned 34). I'm still "completing" the list and sending him a couple of things every few days. I love him most because he is SOooo my bestest friend and I trust his leadership over our home. :)