Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Free-for-all Friday: Christmas DIY Projects

One of my friends recently posted this picture of her front door in it's Christmas splendor.
When inquiring where she found that gem of garland, I learned it was a DIY (do it yourself) project that she and her mom attempted with electrical wire using two years worth of clearance Christmas balls. I also learned there were some heartaches and catastrophes before the finished project.

Now, I L-O-V-E this idea and would love to be able to say I made such a thing. In the meantime, I might need a little more instant gratification than waiting for two years of after Christmas sales on decorations. Not to mention~realistically, perhaps I should get some practice, work my way up and begin with something on a little smaller scale. I was excited when I ran across this post which looks like a good place to start.









What do you think? The possibilities with this could be endless. You wouldn't necessarily have to do a wreath shape. The monogram lover in me is thinking maybe you could even do the 1st letter of your last name! Speaking of, one of my fav blogs put this little idea in my head last year and I've been meaning to try it ever since.




Now that my creative juices are flowing, maybe I'll put one or two of these thoughts to action. How bout ya'll? What creative Christmas-y concoctions have you conjured up? Do share! Email your pictures and idea to roofwithaview@gmail.com. You may even be our next Free-for-all Friday!

2 comments:

Welcome! said...

Sending Some Love Your Way! I just finished a tutorial on fabric keychains and a cute topiary you should check out, but I'm going to repost these awesome ideas for my Support GIRLdles also! Thanks!!
Tangled's Christmas Linkin' Love

Karen said...

Oooh, those are fabulous! I love them all! That first photo is fantastic--LOVE it! Any of my DIY Christmas things look like bad VBS craft rejects. LOL!