Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Attitude...

Sister:

Today is a day for celebration! Today we celebrate the freedom we received when Christ rose from the dead and conquered sin and death. Our Redeemer Lives!

As of today I have three sons, Michael is the oldest and he is five. Five years has been a lifetime of growth for me and I am grateful for the many lessons I have learned through the role as mom. During my first (second and third) pregnancy I was extremely nauseous the entire nine months. I just wanted to die and I wasn't sure how I was going to make it to the next hour not to mention the next day or month! I became consumed with how I felt and how I was going to try and rid myself of the nausea. It became impossible to plan for tomorrow I had to just make it day by day. I felt like my life at that point was useless and I figured I could be more useful to God if I just came and joined him up in heaven. Well, He did not take my life and instead gave me an innocent little baby boy as a reward for the time served. I felt like I was ready to live again... then the sleep deprivation set in! No one can really prepare a new mom for the complete fatigue that comes with lack of sleep. I became irritable, apathetic and craved sleep! I wanted to rejoin the human race but was drowning in my new world as mommy. That is when God showed me the model of how to live a life pleasing to God through His son Jesus. Philippians 2:5 "You should have the same attitude toward one another that Christ Jesus had." What attitude did He have?

who though he existed in the form of God
did not regard equality with God
as something to be grasped,
but emptied himself
by taking on the form of a slave,
by looking like other men,
and by sharing in human nature.
He humbled himself,
by becoming obedient to the point of death
– even death on a cross!


Well, that put me in my place. The moment I read these words I realized I had to change my attitude to match the attitude of Christ. I had to empty myself of my own desires, humble myself to God's authority in my life, and become obedient to His will for me. I was called to serve my family in love, just as Jesus came into the world to sacrifice His life for us in love. Don't miss the point that His attitude was one motivated by His love for God and His children. Ask God to help you renew your attitude to be one of selfless and unconditional love for those around you today.

Looking up!
Annie

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow! This post was very inspiring. Makes me think about my attitude. A lot of people should think about their attitudes. I am having a problem with someone being very prideful. She has want I call the me me..me syndrome. Always about her. Everything I do I do it to glorify God not myself. I'm not flashy as to what I have and everything I get I always pray about it. I wrote a post about it...hopefully her and others will get the idea. There is no harm in feeling good about who you are, what you have or going to do just always remember do it to glorify God not yourself. God bless!!!

Unknown said...

This was great, Annie, and very timely. Praise the Lord that He gives us hope...yes, even where our attitudes are concerned. Now, I FEEEEEEL your former need for a nap. Just kiddin but your explanation gave me serious dejavu. LOL. :)