Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday in the Word: There's a sermon in that...

A couple of weeks ago, I explained how if my husband had a nickel for everytime I see something and say, "There's a sermon in that!" he would have bookoos of money to support his favorite hobby. Some of these illustrations don't even need words and a picture does more justice. Here is one of my latest visuals, but first, I do need to give a little background.

My sweet one year old baby girl has started a new trend in the crib world. Several times now, I have gone into her room and she has managed to retrieve the "soilage" from her diaper and has been tickled pink to experiment with it as fingerpaint. Perhaps it's to entertain her twin brother who is her biggest fan and loves to egg her on from across the room. The most amazing part is how proud she is and the anticipation on her face that I too will be proud of her. Note the sheet, the crib, the shirt, the smile.


Yes, it's disgusting but, of course, it's hard to be mad at this face. I love this girl and wanted to save her as fast as I could from that nastiness. As an attitude adjustment and I were butting heads during the clean up and sanitizing, I had to stop myself.
  • How many futile attempts have I made to "please" Lord? (Lots.)
  • How many messes have I made? (Lots.)
  • How many times has he loved me anyway and rescued me from those messes? (Lots.)
Once again, THANK YOU, Jesus!

He will redeem his soul from...the Pit,
And his life shall see the light.

 Behold, God works all these things,
Twice, in fact, three times with a man.
Job 33:28-29 NKJV

...he rescued me because he delights in me. 2 Samuel 22:20, NLT

For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His. 2 Chronicles 16:9

I love that He knows my heart, He loves me, He rescues me and that He gently reminds and quiets me with his love...over and over again. Just a few more reasons that I'm thankful for Jesus. :)

No comments: