Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Marvelous Monday: A Savory Smackerel~No mo suppah rut Part 2!

Life has been CRAZY! Doesnt it seems that's always how May is? That's when quick,go-to, easy, tried and true recipes are the ticket to dinnertime sanity. As I mentioned last Saturday, it seems many of my fav sisters had the same problemo- a recipe rut. So the recipe sharing began. Thanks to them, you can get outta your suppahtime rut, too, because we're sharing them with you!

Here's the second recipe that caught my eye. I've tried various Sloppy Joe recipes. Some hits. Some flops. This one looks like a hit to me. Mandi B. says:

I have the same problem. A rotation of about four or five things. Here is one of our favorites...

Homemade Sloppy Joes

1 lb of ground turkey (beef) works too.
1 can of tomato sauce
1 sweet potato/yam
onion
garlic
worschester sauce
chicken/beef broth
brown sugar

Skin the sweet potato and cut it up.
Boil it till soft and mash-add brown sugar as desired
(set aside)

Brown the meat with chopped onion and minced/chopped garlic.
Add worschester sauce and splash of broth.
Once brown add tomato sauce and mashed sweet potato.

We eat the on toasted hamburger buns. My sons like it with Ranch and I like it with hot sauce.

Enjoy and have a MARVELOUS Monday!

No comments: