Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wednesday In The Word

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

It has been a long while since I wrote to you and I am glad to share with you today. I have missed you and pray for you often.

I have been struck by the common plight of many women this Christmas season. You know what I mean...there is not enough time, not enough money, too many parties to attend, too many presents to buy. This past week I have seen five women in different stores at the cash register have their credit card denied. I know a women that had a check bounce. I know people that have been embarrassed by their children as they try to finish those last little details. Certainly all these events add to the stress we already feel during the month of December.

I am not trying to be "Debbie Downer" because there are many events and traditions that surround Christmas that are enriching. Today, I went to my granddaughter's first Christmas performance and it was delightful. I am just saying that we try to cram a lot into an already packed schedule during the Christmas season.

Sometimes we lose perspective or I'll admit that I do. One scripture and person in scripture really helps me as I try to keep all the days of December in perspective.

Luke 2:19
But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.

The word pondered is the word that changes my life. In the middle of Mary's perplexity over what she had been told (she was going to bear God's son) she didn't have a break down, she didn't panic or question. The scripture says she pondered it in her heart.

What would it be if we injected into our days of December an element of pondering. You may say what should I ponder?

Ponder:

The greatness of a God that sent his Son to this earth and then had Him crucified so that you would have a full life.

The real meaning of what Christmas is all about.

The ability to love people as much as God did by sending His Son.

The ability of a God that is able to meet any of your needs today and always.

The magnitude of a God that loves you so much that he knows every hair on your head.

I am praying for each one of us that we take some time to ponder instead of stress over all the "stuff." We have a Mighty God that will hold us up~over the stuff that we find so distracting.

I love you,
Glenda

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, I needed this. I should ponder this for a while. I feel like I am still recovering from an overwhelmingly busy November and here it is December 15th. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

....and she's back w/ a BANG!!!! Love this and love you. Thanks for keepin it real.

Melanie said...

This is beautiful, Glenda. I'm linking it to my FB profile.

Richelle said...

I am so glad you're back! Your posts are short, to the point, deep, and spirit led. Thank you for praying for us and thank you for sharing from your heart.