Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Training Up Tuesday: Christmas Ornaments

Here is a fun Christmas activity to do with your children. When I taught preschool, we made these each year at Christmas time and I've made these a few times with my own children. It's an easy project to do with them. Just make sure they know that they are not edible! They smell very good and they do resemble cookies, so it's tempting to little mouths:)


Apple Cinnamon Ornaments

1 Cup Apple Sauce

1 Cup Cinnamon

1/4 Cup Glue


*Mix the ingredients together. The mix will be runny at first, but let it sit for approximately 5 minutes. Then roll the mix into a ball:





*Roll out flat, as you would with cookie dough and cut shapes with Christmas cookie cutters:



*Place on a cookie sheet to dry. (as you can see, one of my children added a pumpkin and dog bone cookie cutter to our Christmas ones!). Take a straw and poke a hole all the way through the dough while it's still wet. Then place ornaments in a place where little hands can't get them and let dry overnight:



*Once the ornaments are dry, tie a ribbon through the hole and hang up on a tree or garland. We placed them on our kitchen tree:



*Enjoy!! These ornaments smell SO good!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I think I'll try this for a garland at my kitchen window.
One CUP of cinnamon? Just checking.