Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday In The Word: From the Rooftop

It has almost been a year since this blog began and what an exciting and informative year it has been. I still think the name of this blog is appropriate for what it's purpose is. Our theme scripture:

What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight, what is whispered in the ear proclaim from the roofs. Matthew 10:27

This verse captures what all the women on Roof With A View want to do. We all want to take our relationship with Jesus Christ into every thing we do and into our daily lives. What comes out of that, our strengths and our weaknesses, we want to share with you. Hopefully you have found lots of nuggets of truth as you have visited us each day.

Last Friday night I went to a video taping and I was amazed at what I saw. A man stood on top of a roof while shoppers and life frantically went on in the street below. The man gave a clear creative presentation on the love of God. There he was on top of a building surrounded by other buildings and as I watched I could see that people who lived in the surrounding buildings were opening their windows to hear what He was saying.

That is what our lives are to be about. We all are to figuratively stand on the rooftop and act out and speak about all the amazing things that God has done in our lives. We never know who is tuning their ear to hear but you can be assured that they are. We often are silent when we need to be actively proclaiming who we have known God to be in our lives.

I am praying for all of us that we stand on the rooftop and shout out what God has done in our lives!

Love,
Glenda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this visual in light of RWAV and especially our lives. This is one of my FAV Wednesday in the Words! THank you!