Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday In The Word: Expectation

Happy New Year!

What are you expecting out of this year?

What are you expecting God to do in your life in 2010?

The second question is probably more important than the first. Just over the past few months, in the lives of people we love, events have happened that they were definitely not expecting~ even in the lives of the women that contribute here on Roof With A View. For example:

One lady is having twins...

One lady spent a large part of her Christmas holiday in Poland, away from her children, with her unexpectedly sick husband that ending up having surgery IN Poland...

One lady is in the process of adopting a child...

One has had a baby boy...

Another is pregnant with her first child...

One lady's spouse has lost his job...

One has suffered marital conflict...

One has learned that her mother has cancer...

There have been several miscarriages...

One (at least) has suffered from anxiety...

Life does not always go the way we expect or plan. What do we do when that happens? Granted, some of the unexpected is exciting news and brings great joy and some is just plain devastating and brings challenges that we never thought we would be facing. Sometimes it seems best to pray, plan the best you can and then cling to Jesus when we are faced with plans not materializing or changing all together.

I came across this verse that I think helps all of us when we are faced with the unexpected.

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3

The Psalmist wrote this passage when he was faced with many challenges in his life and his days were not going the way He expected.

From The Rooftop:

Our life is in God's hands.

He can be trusted.

His unexpected is better than our expected, even when it is so difficult.

Call out to Him in the morning before you get out of bed and ask Him to fill up your day His way.

Wait in expectation for what He will do.

Through all the joys and difficulties of life, let's pray for each other that we will expect God to act each day of our life. When what takes place is not on our schedule. take it as from Him.

I know it would encourage your sisters on the Roof to hear from you if you have experienced a change in your life because God changed what you had expected. Until then...

I love you,
Glenda

3 comments:

Misty said...

this is so good... thank you.

AmyA said...

At the end of last year my husband started traveling for his job. This was unexpected and has forced me to face my biggest fear - being alone at night. The Lord has shown me how to trust and lean on Him, not on my husband. It isn't easy and I'm not particularly happy about it, but it's something I need to learn. I want to trust in Him alone!

Glenda said...

Way to go Amy. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your family