Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Marvelous Monday~Kids will keep you humble...

Awww, aren't they cute??? Yep, these cute little things keep me on my knees every day and keep me HUMBLE!I thought I would post some funny things my boys have said to me. They're so honest...so BRUTALLY honest!

1. "Mommy, what's the skin marshmallowing out from under your arms?"

2. "I Love You" - (Wes pats my stomach) - "my big momma".

3. Cleaning the house in my 'cleaning' shorts - "mom every time you bend over, I see your...(he spells it out cause he thinks it's a bad word)... c-r-a-c-k!"

4. "Mommy, your hair looks messy". After I've just finished fixing my hair to go to church.

5. While I'm eating some Doritos, my son says..."mom, please don't eat the WHOLE bag, again!" What??? I had 3 Doritos people! And the word again??? I've never eaten the whole bag, well, not recently. :)

6. "Mommy, can you stop singing, it's hurting my ears." (I'm a bird, I sing all the time! What's a girl to do?)

7. Getting ready to go to the pool, I walk out of my bedroom in my swimsuit..."mommy, that's not appropriate."

8. Kissing my little Wesley in the morning..."mommy, your breath smells like Africa."

9. "Mommy, you should wear pigtails, they look really good on Bella." (a girl in his class at church)

10. Trying on dresses for my boys at Marshalls, they were judging how each dress looked on me from 1-10, 1 being the worst, 10 the best. "Ummmmm, is there anything lower than a 1,?, cause that one looks like you're squeezing into it. (I give him a 'look'), I, I just mean, it looks like you can't even breathe!"

After all that brutality, one day, my son Will said, "Hey mom, you look like her..." I looked up at the TV to see ANGELINA JOLIE-PITT on the screen! Blow my socks off! I laughed so hard I almost cried! There had to be another woman on the screen right before her. Only thing I can figure is I had just gotten stung by a bee and my lips were swollen!

Thank God I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made! And so are YOU!

1 comment:

Sweet Serendipity said...

Love it! Make sure you save these gems so you can share them with your kids when they grow up.