Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2009

TNT Tip: Goodbye Dry Cleaners!

Today's TNT Tip comes from our very own Dolly....

I DETEST ironing shirts! Since I've been married, I've always taken my husband's shirts to the dry cleaners. It's easier, saves time and they always do a great job of getting his shirts so nice and starched. My town has a $1.85 cleaners place that I take his shirts to but it's way on the other side of town. I usually save up a bunch of shirts and take them in when I'm headed that way. Recently, I decided that there is no reason why I can't start ironing during my day at home. (except it may take away some of my computer time). So, here was my project.


Looks fun huh?


My mom gave me this idea...everytime I iron a shirt, I'll put $1.85 into a jar and when I'm finished I'll see all the money I saved. Then, I'll have to go reward myself with a treat. (OK...I added the last part). Wanna join me??!?!

Mommy Marketing Moment


Today, we are excited to feature Ali and her business, Persnickety. Persnickety was created in 2004 out of a love for all things monogrammed and a desire to provide great products at reasonable prices. Ali is a stay at home mom with two children. She believes that moms should be afforded a fun shopping experience and the quality products they love at prices they can afford. Her desire is to provide excellent customer service, exceptional products and an experience you will love to come back to over and over again! The creation of Persnickety has been such a blessing in allowing her to stay home with her children, while contributing to her family in a practical way. If you are looking for something unique and monogrammed, an adornment for your home or the perfect gift, click straight on over to Persnickety and the answer will be at your fingertips!

Savory Smackerel

Thank you to our own Donna for today's Savory Smackerel (courtesy of What's for Din-Din). This would be a good recipe to prepare on Saturday evening and have the crockpot all ready to go. Then, all you'll need to do is hit "on" when you get up on Sunday morning and have your first cup of coffee.

Chicken and Carrots with Wine Sauce
This is a tried and true recipe in our house. When whole chickens are on sale at the grocery store, I stock up and make this recipe. It's easy, cooks all day and dinner is ready in a flash! It's good served with rice or mashed potatoes. This recipe is from the Southern Living Slow Cooker Cookbook.

2 Cups sliced carrots (I make mine more into chunks)

1 Whole Chicken

12 Garlic cloves, peeled

1/2 Cup White Cooking Wine

1 tsp. dried Thyme

1/4 tsp. pepper

3/4 tsp. salt

2 T. cornstarch

2 T. water*

Combine carrot, chicken and garlic in a slow cooker. Pour wine over mixture and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Cover with lid; cook on high setting for 1 hour. Reduce to low-heat setting and cook for 6 hours.

*Remove carrots, chicken and garlic from slow cooker (chicken will be very soft). Keep warm. Reserve liquid in cooker and increase to high-heat setting.

*Combine cornstarch and water and stir until blended. Stir cornstarch mixture into cooking liquid. Cook 15 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently.

Print recipe here.

HAPPY FIRST SATURDAY OF SPRING!!!!

P.S. We haven't forgotten about our giveaway winner. We are still tallying and promise to have it to you by Monday. Just hold your breath a litttttle longer. :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love this tip Dolly! Thanks for sharing!