Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009


Savory Smackerel

This easy crockpot recipe has been a HIT at my house and w/ everyone I've share it. I received from one of my blog peeps, Kristi, on What's for Din Din. It is perfect for a yummy Sunday meal!

Crock pot Cream Cheese Chicken
This is so simple and uses very few ingredients but it is very good and makes very tender chicken in a wonderful sauce. I always like anything gloppy and rich.

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom
1 c. water
1 pkg. dry chicken gravy mix (Make sure it is chicken and not country)
oz. cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix everything in crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours except for the cream cheese. During the last 30 min, add softened cream cheese and continue cooking. (You don't have to but I ususally take out the chicken and place it on a plate and then whisk in the cream cheese so it is lump-free. I then replace the chicken for the last 30 minutes) I serve this with rice, a veggie or salad and warm bread.
****************************
Here is a bonus Savory Smackerel that is light and fresh for the warmer Spring weather. It is great w/ the Tostitos that have a hint of lime.

The Salsa that Lasts All Week: A 3 in 1!

Spice up your weekly menu with this salsa. It can start off as a great Sunday appetizer while you're waiting for lunch and turn into a staple for 2 meals in your week!

Sassy Salsa
2 Cans of Black Beans
2 Cans of Mexican Corn
2 Tablespoons of Cilantro (fresh if you can)
1/2 Jar of regular Salsa
2 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
2 Tablespoons of Veggie Oil
1 Onion (chopped)
Juice from one lemon

~add more chili powder if you can handle it:)

I usually make this for a salsa for an appetizer when we are going to someone's home for dinner or are having people over. It makes a lot so you can keep 1/2 in the fridge or it even freezes well. Then, one night of that week, I usually make a salad with cut steak seasoned w/ taco seasoning and add this salsa, cheese and ranch. This meal works great!

Then, another night, I make chicken burritos with this salsa, chicken, tortillas and any toppings. Voila! There is your third meal out of this one recipe.

I hope you enjoy as we all have!


TNT Tip

This week a couple of us did a miniature Fix and Freeze. Of course, we could not have "called it a day" without burning at least one pot. Our friend, Mindi, taught me a trick that I did not know. I was fascinated b/c it is easy peasy! Without further ado, today's TNT Tip for burnt pots is...

Fill the burnt pot w/ hot water and a little bit of dishwashing liquid. Throw in a dryer sheet (Bounce, Downy, etc.) and let soak for a few hours or over night. Then, scrub pot accordingly and the black scum should come right off. Who would have thought? Learn something new everyday!

Mommy Marketing Moment

We are having MMM block (you know...similar to "writer's block") this week. We know there are a ton of Christian mommy businesses out there that would love a shameless plug and have some business sent their way. Will you help your sistahs out? Send us an email. Tell us about your own personal mommy business or tell us about one of your friend's businesses. The Lord has given fellow women, just like you and me, talents that he wants to use for His glory. It's time we share them from our housetops! Email us. roofwithaview@gmail.com. Look forward to hearing from YOU.

4 comments:

Erin said...

great salsa recipe! can't wait to try it. thanks!

Lucrecer said...

I have to admit, I don't use my crockpot as much as I used to, but I will definitely be trying out these recipes in the very near future! super!!!

AScott said...

That salsa dip sounds soooo good!

Darcy said...

That salsa looks delicious! Yummm!