Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Mommy Marketing Moment~Hogwash Designs

We've been waiting on pins and needles to feature today's Christian mommy business. We are excited to introduce Nikki and her home based side business out of Virginia, Hogwash Designs. If you need a gift for Easter, Mother's Day or all of those Spring birthday parties, look no further!

You will love Nikki's Sterling Monogrammed Silver Necklaces. I was lucky enough to win one in a giveaway and also purchased one for my mother for Christmas. They are very reasonably priced and such a special gift. We both love them.

She also sells beautiful clothing items for little girls. For those upcoming Spring and Summer portraits, be sure to check out the monogrammed pillowcase dresses made from authentic vintage pillowcases. The monogrammed ponchos that are great for cooler weather.

Two last items you must see are her newly added aprons and monogrammed picture frames. These are also reasonably priced and would be a great treat for yourself or someone you love.

Nikki's site features Paypal so payment transactions are seamless and easy. In my experience, her service has also featured a quick turnaround time and Nikki herself is a pleasure to do business with. Let's hear it for Hogwash Designs!

Savory Smackerel~ Crockpot Lasagna

Today's Savory Smackerel is brought to you by Amanda from My Domestic Disaster. Thank you, Amanda! It looks like the perfect recipe to ensure a restful, aroma filled Sunday. :)

This is actually a Weight Watchers recipe and is really yummy!

Crockpot Lasagna
1 lb lean ground beef (95%/5%)
1/2 Medium Onion
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce
12 oz light cottage cheese (or low-fat ricotta)
12 oz Lasagna noodles (I used the whole wheat)
16 oz W/W's Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (or any other brand that is reduced fat)

Brown beef with onion. Add spaghetti sauce and cook until warm. Spoon a layer of meat sauce on the bottom of a sprayed crockpot. Add a double layer of uncooked noodles (break to fit) and top with the cheeses. Repeat with the sauce, noodles and cheeses until used up. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours - depending on your crockpot it could be done in less time, just check on it!

Serves 6-10

Weight Watchers Points
1/6 of the pot - 10 points
1/8 of the pot - 8 points
1/10 of the pot - 6 points

TNT Tip~Fluffing for Spring!

Today's TNT tip is a GOOD one and it's also brought to you from Amanda over at My Domestic Disaster. If this doesn't get you in the mood for Spring, I don't know what will!

One of my favorite bloggers, Rhoda, from Southern Hospitality, is hosting a linky party. The theme? It's a Spring Fluffing Party! Woohoo! I'm so ready for Spring!

The mission? To find a few areas in our homes and "fluff" them for Spring. Here's what I did.

This is the dining room. I clipped some branches off of my Bradford Pears in the back yard and stuck them in a vase.
They are pretty just by themselves.Or with Easter egg ornaments.


Some Gerbs I found at Dollar Tree. (I think the child proof edge around the hearth adds a nice touch, don't you?) My Southern Living at Home Astoria Canisters


My entry table.


End table. I'm working on repainting the bird that came with this (got it at a garage sale.). I'll put it in or next to the cage when it's done.
Happy Spring!

4 comments:

Donna said...

I LOVE Hogwash Designs! Everything I've ever ordered from Nikki comes so quickly and is wrapped very well. The presentation is great! You won't be sorry if you order from her:) I have the poncho and the pillowcase dress for my daughter and they're both great. I'm going to take the pillowcase dress to the beach this summer to get a cute beach picture of her in it.

Momofgirls said...

Yeah Hogwash Designs!! The gift wrapping makes the gift EVEN better!! I LOVE my apron and her necklaces are precious!!!

Amanda said...

Thanks for the feature ladies! And I'm so excited to come across Hogwash Designs! I'm thinking I need one of those necklaces for Mother's Day!

Dolly said...

I have a necklace from Hogwash designs and love it. I always get compliments on it too.

Love the spring decoration ideas!