Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Train Up Tuesday: TIME OUT for Thanksgiving

The last couple of weeks, we've been considering "Advent" and "homemade gifts". But this week, I HAVE to take a TIME OUT! I definitely want to get the "Advent" message out there (because in years past, I haven't given enough time in advance to actually allow readers to prepare before Advent). However, I do not like what the over-commercialization (and even well-meaning preparation) of Christmas has done to other important November holidays (can you say "Veterans Day" and "Thanksgiving"?).

So, this week, take some time and re-visit some previous Roof posts on "Thanksgiving". You'll find some great old and new traditions to consider and some fun ideas to celebrate THIS season.

Don't get so caught in the hustle and bustle of buying or making gifts that you fail to be thankful for here and now!
-Ashlie

1 comment:

life just saying said...

Sounds like a great idea. I really don't like how the holidays have blended into one long Christmas-fest. No Scrooge here, don't get me wrong, but yeah, Veteran's Day, and Thanksgiving are special in their own right. Thanks for the reminder.