Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday In The Word

I am on vacation this week but I want to share with you briefly something that means so much to me when I am on vacation. Now, you may think it will be the ocean, walks on the beach, bike rides, eating seafood or reading. Those things are all wonderful but I especially love the extra time that I am able to spend with my favorite thing, God's Word. I hope that doesn't sound super "spiritual." It's just that times when I can just read my Bible without all the distractions of day to day responsibilty are like drinking fresh water when I am parched and thirsty. I think one reason is that early in my walk with the Lord, God's Word is what provided direction to this aimless soul.

Today I just want to share some of my favorite things that the Bible says about God's Word:

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:30

For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. Psalm 33:4

My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.Psalm 119:27

How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth Psalm 119:103

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ Romans 10:17

From the Rooftop:

God's Word stands on it's own.

God's Word has power like nothing else.

God's Word refreshes a weary.

God's Word provides counsel.

God's Word provides direction.

God's Word provides life and light.

YOU finish this list...

I could go on and on but I am going to just sit back and enjoy reading. I hope you will, too. As you begin, pray that God, through His Holy Spirit, will speak to your heart and into your life. I look forward to hearing what happens.

Happy Summer.

Love,
Glenda

No comments: