Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thrifty Thursday~ How to Plan for Triples

Harris Teeter is having TRIPLE COUPONS from 7AM Wednesday, March 25th until Midnight Tuesday, March 31st. I still can't believe it's going for the entire week!! Here is a picture from my trip today. I spent $15.53 and SAVED 59.10 (that's 79%)!!

Here you'll find step-by-step instructions on how to plan for triples.

1. Know the store coupon policy. Click here for Harris Teeter's coupon policy.

2. Find the deals. The best place to go is Hot Coupon World (HCW). Scroll down and click on "grocery deals", then select Harris Teeter. You'll see a variety of threads. A thread is simply a topic (like, Harris Teeter FAQ) and then the members post answers to that topic. Think of it as an ongoing conversation. For our situation, we'll pick the threads that talk about triple coupons. To make it easier for you, I'll supply the links for this weeks ads....
Click here for the triples match up
Click here for the ad match up

3. Print the Hot Coupon World Lists. You only need to print the first post from the thread. It is called the "master list" and all of the member input from all the other posts are compiled in that first list. I select the list and print it out for both the triples match up and the weekly ad.

4. Print Internet Printable Coupons. The HCW list will include links to any good IP's. I just click on the links and print those coupons in which I'm interested. I don't have the time or desire to search the entire web for coupons. I only print the ones that HCW has found for me.

5. Make a list and pull coupons. I sit down with my printed HCW lists and decide what I want to buy. When I see an item in which I'm interested I look in my coupon binder to see if I have the coupon. If so, I pull the coupon out of the binder and then I write that item on my Grocery List by Aisle document. I also write the expected HCW final price (after coupons) next to the item. When I'm shopping I like to verify that it is a close price match. Depending on your region of the country the price may vary slightly. This is ok, but it may affect whether you should buy that item.

6. Quickly look for other deals. I quickly glance in my coupon binder to see if there are any high value coupons (.75) that were not mentioned on the HCW lists. If so, I will pull those coupons and add them to my grocery list of things to buy. Because I don't know the sales price of that item I will wait until I'm at the store to see if it's a good deal.

7. Go shopping. I take my Grocery List, all of the coupons that correspond with the list, my coupon binder (in case I see a deal I don't have on the list), and my reusable bags. Note, there is a limit of 20 coupons per day. You may be able to do more than one transaction per day, but this depends on your store. My suggestion, get the best deals on your first trip before the items are sold out!

Please leave a comment if you have a question and I'll be happy to answer it.

Happy Savings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw all the great sales that HT was having but there is not one near us. So sad! Great job! H

Karen said...

ditto heather! I wish we had harris teeter down here in the atl. Don't get me wrong, I love my Publix ... but I want triple coupons, too. I do love looking at all the great bargains, though!